Pr 30:11 There is a generation that curses its father, And does not bless its mother.
- 12 There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes, Yet is not washed from its filthiness.
- 13 There is a generation-oh, how lofty are their eyes! And their eyelids are lifted up.
- 14 There is a generation whose teeth are like swords, And whose fangs are like knives, To devour the poor from off the earth, And the needy from among men.
Ps 24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
- 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
- 5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
- 6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
A generation doesn’t always mean a people contemporary with one another. It can also mean the offspring of a given progenitor. The contexts above point to progenitors whose issue transcends the limits of a lifespan. Doubt and faith are produced through all ages. There are those who are of Jacob and those who are of apostasy.
Every individual is a receptacle of seed and bears the responsibility of what is accepted or rejected. The seed comes in the form of words and examples set before us; the truth of what has been done. Of Jacob it was said; “And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.” (Gen.28:14)